2013 is coming to a close. I will be celebrating with some friends, a dip in the ocean and sitting around outdoors sipping on some Moet and nibbling on some sushi. Perfect, non? And then packing my bags as we leave for Paris in two days.
2013 has been exciting and amazing… and I’m sure that 2014 has many more in store for us here at One Hour Craft. It has been fantastic to have this blog up and running again. I have appreciated the input from so many sources, the encouragement and the feedback. I have felt more like I personally know what I am doing and there has been a flow to that has made it seem easy and natural to be back.
2014 will see us expand and take on more challenges over here…. But before we reach there let’s look back at some of our readers’ favourite tutorials from the past three months…
- Our Chai Cleaning and Room Spray proved to be a big hit with our readers. It is lovely and we have found that bugs including mosquitoes really don’t like the spicy fragrance. It has been fantastic on hot, mosquito-ridden nights over here and we use it all the time.
- We loved sharing one of our favourite drinks The Roasted Toasted Almond, which would be a great addition to any New Years Eve party.
- Our ColourBurst necklaces are so fun to make and look fantastic. When we gave all of ours away as presents, our friends and family loved them. Always a great sign!
- We gave away one of our most cherished recipes for Thai Pumpkin and Fish Curry. This is a such a versatile recipe, great for a tv dinner or outdoor quick meal and equally special for an intimate dinner party with friends.
- We loved making our whimsical little Cherry Necklace. A great, quick little present to make and adore.
- We continued our love affair with tassels, including this great little tutorial to make Simple Tassels and our great party decorations, Paper Tassel Garlands.
- Our recent Fabulous Fringe is a personal favourite and looks great on so many different sorts of jumpers…. and possibilities for so many more looks. Love.
And our personal favourite posts….
- We loved getting on our bikes more often. Love bike riding and love encouraging others to get on theirs. What a great New Years Resolution, to ride your bike as much as you can. Great for the environment, great for your bod, great for your head, also there’s even a study which says that people who ride bikes have better marriages. What’s not to love???
- The Dior-Inspired Double-Sided Earrings may be our favourite earrings of all time and they have been worn to death. They are the perfect mix of edgy sophistication. The bomb.
- Open-Fire Cooking is a passion and one we hope to do more in 2014.
- Our Orange Power Cleaner is by our favourite cleaning product and keeps our home smelling delicious. I am obsessed by it.
Looking ahead. In 2014 we will be…
- Connecting more with our readers….Can’t wait.
- Running several awesome workshops in collaboration with different artists.
- Collaborating and connecting with many more gorgeous creative friends, artists and artisans. Can’t wait!
- Expanding with more contributors.
- Blogging from our various travels, the first being Paris, Beautiful Paris.
- Writing another book?!?
- Writing for some of our favourite magazines. Again. Yay!
- Bringing our readers much more inspiration and creative love…
Cheers to a bright and happy 2014!