Thinking about the Christmas season, we were trying to figure out how to make a scent that smelled like Christmas. A candle, mulled wine, a pomander, sachets…. Then we came up with the idea of Chai scented Cleaning & Room Spray.
We love scents of all kinds and particularly the cinnamon chai and Spekulaas scents and don’t use chemicals in our homes, so this is perfect. It smells so good and has lasted in my home for more than a day now. And it cleans perfectly well. When you spray it you will smell a slight vinegar odour (depending on how long you have left it to seep). This disappears in a minute and you are left with a moreish, sweet, spicy aroma.
The first cleaning spray we made was our Orange Power Cleaner which is amazing for cutting grease. And be sure to try out this Chai Spray which helps your house to smell like Christmas.
600ml Cleaning Vinegar
2 Cinnamon scrolls
5 Dried Mandarin Pieces (optional, bought from Asian foodstores)
1 inch Fresh Ginger Root (chopped into pieces)
4 Star Aniseeds
1 tbs Whole Cloves
1 Nutmeg grated
1. Pour the vinegar into a saucepan. Add the spices to the vinegar. Simmer the liquid for 20 minutes.
2. Take the liquid off the heat and allow to cool.
3. Strain the liquid into a bowl to use straight away or pour the liquid and all the spices into a mason jar and let it seep for a few days.
4. Pour the liquid into a spray bottle ready to use.
5. Use a marker to clearly label the liquid to add it to your other natural cleaning and home products.
The spices can be used to make another batch. Use the spray to clean benches, toilets, walls, kitchen or any surface that it dirty or grimy. Or use it as a room spray, spray it a few times into the air and wait for the scent to fill the room.
This makes an excellent gift for people who already have everything. We’ve not seen or heard of it before so it is definitely unique. If you like this, hover over the image and Pin It. If you like us, then Like Us on Facebook and tell your mates.
Come back for many more chemical-free, delicious, natural home products and for lots more Christmas goodness.