This is a blast from the past, back from the original OHC site, made in 2007. We still love sewing paper and have made many paper garlands sewing them like in this way. This is a very quick way to decorate for a party, a holiday or a wedding. Enjoy sewing these very elegant garlands.
Different papers in complimentary or contrasting papers
Sewing machine, threaded
1. Trace the heart template twenty times onto different pieces of paper.
2. Cut out the heart templates from the paper.
3. Tear off a strip of baking paper, then tear that in half lengthwise so as not to waste paper.
4. Start sewing at the top of the baking paper. Sew in a straight line for about 15cm/6in.
5. Place a heart on the baking paper and sew through the centre of it.
6. Continue sewing on the baking paper for another 15cm/6in. Then place another heart on the baking paper and sew through it. Repeat this to sew all the stars onto the baking paper in a chain.
7. When all the hearts are sewn onto the baking paper, hold the baking paper and carefully rip it away from each heart until you are left with the garland.
Drape your garland on a wall or a door or even around the Christmas tree.