This is a really simple tutorial but is a useful little trick to keep coming back to. Tassels can be made from wool, cotton, leather, anything. They are a very inexpensive way to decorate and can be used to make stunning bracelets, necklaces, wreaths and more. A simple tassel like this takes about five minutes to whip up! Seems that we are into tassels for this Christmas with our tassel necklace, tassel garland, Christmas wreaths and Advent Calendar.
Wool, thick embroidery thread, cotton
1 small piece of card (a piece of a cereal box would be perfect)
1. Cut a piece of card to the length you’d like. The tassel will end up about 1″/2.5cm shorter than this. Drape a piece of string over the card to begin.
2. Wrap a piece of string around the card until the tassel is as thick as you would like.
3. Cut another piece of string. Wrap it through and around the top of the tassel while it is still on the card, tie a secure knot and leave two pieces at the end for tying your tassel to something.
4. Remove the tassel from the card.
5. Tie another piece of string onto the tassel and wrap it several ties to secure the tassel. Secure this with a simple knot.
6. Cut the tassel at the bottom to the length your desire. Snip off the stray threads.
If you like this, Pin It and come back for a lot more good stuff in the next few days.