This tutorial is for a very quick and inexpensive headband. We made it for Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead), but of course it can be worn just for everyday as well, if you like. If you are after another Flower Crown, look here.
This headband takes about 10 minutes to make and costs about ten minutes or less to make. So it will be easy to make one before your Day of the Dead celebration.
Thin wire (or floristry wire)
15 or more fabric flowers in bright colours (pull or cut off stems0
Wire cutters (or scissors)
2. Attach the wire to the flowers by wrapping it around the stalks.
3. Another method for attaching wire is to make a few loops in the wire and push them into the middle of paper flowers.
5. Continue wrapping the flowers next to each other onto the headband.
Wear the headband with the sugar skull makeup. The makeup is really easy to do. Here is a quick How To. Use makeup crayons for a great result.
1. White out the face leaving the eye sockets.
2. White out the mouth.
3. Paint black rings around the eyes.
4. Paint black onto the nose to make it look like a skull.
5. Paint black scrolls onto each side of the forehead with a heart in the middle. Colour the heart red.
6. Paint scrolls on the jaw with a heart on the chin (the same as the forehead) Colour the heart red.
7. Paint dots of red and black surrounding the eye sockets.