We love anything romantic and Valentine’s Day is really just an excuse for pure, unadulterated romance. Over the years we have shared our tutorials for sexy ribbon panties and our heart garland. But this year we are sharing perhaps our favourite tutorial ever.
These Herbal Balls are a dream and a wonderful surprise for your lover on Valentine’s Day…. I spent five days in Kuala Lumpur having time out by myself a few years ago and had a two hour massage with these balls each day. Bliss. I still dream of that holiday.
I finally decided to make some and share the love with you. These balls take massage to a whole new level. They are surprisingly easy to make. When I made this batch I made four with the ingredients I had, used one and froze the rest. You can use each ball three to four times. What a romantic treat for V-Day! A massage with one of these is bound to please!
4 Lemongrass stalks
1 large root of Galangal (Thai ginger)
1 large root of Ginger 1 large root of Turmeric root
1 handful Mint Rind of 3 Limes Rind of 1 Lemon
A good knife A food processor (use a knife to finely chop if you don’t own one) Unbleached
Calico Elastic hair tie or rubber bands
1. Chop the roots and lemongrass into small chunks. Rinse the kaffir lime leaves and mint in water.
2. Cut the rind from the limes and lemons (keep the fruit in a bag in the fridge for cooking)
3. Place all ingredients into a food processor on high for two minutes or until all the ingredients are finely chopped and mixed together. (Ahhhh the amazing aroma….. take a moment to enjoy).
4. Rip or cut a 30cm square of unbleached calico and place a 3/4 cup of the ingredients into the middle.
5. Gather all four corners of calico together and wrap the calico tightly over the herbs.
6. Tie an elastic hair tie or band around the fabric, wrapping the herbs as tightly as you can into a ball.
7. Rip a one inch strip of calico and secure it on top of the ball with a knot. Wrap the stalk with it tightly and secure with another knot. The stalk needs to be firm enough to get a good grip.
Now you are finished your Thai Herbal Ball. There are two things left to do. Before you use it go and watch a video on Youtube about how to massage using one.
Then, when you want to use it, microwave until it is warm and the oils and aromas fill the room. This is amazing, it is the most relaxing massage I could imagine.
If you like this, Pin it and if you like us, then Like Us on Facebook and spread the Valentine’s Day love…..